Ray J. Artiano
Ray J. Artiano (Ret.)
Mr. Artiano recently retired from the firm, and now serves as a mediator with ADR Services, Inc. He may be reached at 619-233-1323, or through their website: www.artianoadr.com.
A founding member of the firm, Mr. Artiano has represented state and local agencies, public and private employers, and national manufacturing companies throughout the State of California. HIs practice focused on employment and product liability matters. Mr. Artiano has extensive experience in both the the defense of employers and representation of employees in employment related litigation including wrongful termination, harassment and discrimination claims in matters brought by both private employers and agencies of the United States government. He has litigated these claims in state and federal court and has represented his clients’ interests in administrative charges filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Department of Fair Employment and Housing and the Office of Civil Rights. Mr. Artiano also has substantial experience representing national manufacturing companies in catastrophic injury cases.
Mr. Artiano has been admitted to practice before all courts in the State of California as well as the United States Supreme Court.
An Adjunct Professor at Thomas Jefferson School of Law, Mr. Artiano is also a frequent lecturer on a variety of litigation issues. He is an active member of numerous professional and legal organizations, and formerly served as President of the San Diego Defense Lawyers Association.
- AV Preeminent Peer Rating by Martindale-Hubbell in California
- Member, American College of Barristers
- Board of Directors, San Diego Defense Lawyers Association, 1999-2002
- Member, Business Advisory Council of the National Republican Congressional Committee
- President, San Diego Defense Lawyers Association, 2001
- Member, Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- Member, Presidential Business Commission
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Adjunct Professor, Employment Litigation, Thomas Jefferson School of Law
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Member, Professional Liability Underwriting Society
- Member, Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association
- University of San Diego, J.D., 1979
- Boston University, magna cum laude, 1975
- United States Supreme Court