Ljubisa Kostic focuses his practice on a wide range of civil litigation, handling cases from inception to jury trial and appeal. He has extensive experience handling various types of employment litigation, catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death cases, premises liability, dangerous condition of public property and product liability matters. Mr. Kostic also has significant experience representing public entities, with specific focus on community college districts. In the commercial context, Mr. Kostic routinely handles various types of business related disputes including breach of contract, partnership disputes and fraud, among others. He also advises private and public entities on a broad range of legal issues.
Mr. Kostic has handled numerous appeals, including a published decision, O’Toole v. San Diego Community College District (2005) 140 Cal.App.4th 488. He is licensed to practice law in California and Nevada, and is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in both states, including the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal, the Southern and Central Districts of California and the District of Nevada.
Mr. Kostic was born in Belgrade, Serbia (then Yugoslavia). He began his career with the Las Vegas law firm of Lionel, Sawyer & Collins, one of Las Vegas’ oldest, largest and most prestigious corporate firms. Mr. Kostic has been associated with Artiano Shinoff since 2003, became a partner in 2008, and has been an owner of the firm since 2016.
- Top 10 of Class, California Western School of Law
- 2007 One of San Diego’s Top Young Attorneys in practice 5 to 7 years, San Diego Daily Transcript
- San Diego County Bar Association
- California Western School of Law, magna cum laude, J.D.
- University of Virginia, B.A. Economics, Psychology
- U.S. District 9th Circuit Court of Appeal
- Southern and Central Districts of Southern California