Ljubisa Kostic focuses his practice on a wide range of civil litigation, handling cases from inception to jury trial and appeal. He has extensive experience handling catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death cases as well as premises liability, dangerous conditions on public property and products liability matters. Mr. Kostic also has significant experience in employment related litigation including wrongful termination and employment discrimination. He has also handled ADA violation cases and other civil rights violations. In the commercial context, Mr. Kostic routinely handles various types of business related disputes including breach of contract, partnership disputes, and fraud, among others.
He has also handled numerous appeals, including a published decision, O’Toole v. San Diego Community College District (2005) 140 Cal.App.4th 488. Mr. Kostic is licensed to practice law in California and Nevada, and is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in both states, including the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal, the Southern and Central Districts of California and the District of Nevada.
Mr. Kostic was born in Belgrade, Serbia (then Yugoslavia). He began his career with the Las Vegas law firm of Lionel, Sawyer & Collins, one of Las Vegas’ oldest, largest and most prestigious corporate firms. From 2003 to 2009, Mr. Kostic worked at Artiano Shinoff, first as an Associate and later as a Partner. He rejoined Artiano Shinoff in 2013.
- Top 10 of Class, California Western School of Law
- 2007 One of San Diego’s Top Young Attorneys in practice 5 to 7 years, San Diego Daily Transcript
- San Diego County Bar Association
- California Western School of Law, J.D.
- University of Virginia, B.A. Economics, Psychology
- U.S. District 9th Circuit Court of Appeal
- Southern and Central Districts of Southern California