Daniel R. Shinoff
Since 1982, Daniel has defended of thousands of claims representing school districts within San Diego and Imperial counties. He routinely counsels school boards, and school and community college districts regarding all aspects of school law.
He has given speeches, in California and several other states, on the handling of crisis situations in schools. Not only has he offered his experience and expertise to Superintendents in the aftermath of such crises, but he has been instrumental in the drafting of emergency preparedness manuals for schools.
Recognized as a leading authority in school district defense and litigation, Daniel is a frequent lecturer in continuing education and personnel training. His seminars have included topics on special education, student issues, employment discrimination, sexual harassment, school violence, First Amendment issues, construction issues, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Daniel is admitted to the California Bar, all Federal District Courts within the State of California and the United States Supreme Court. He is a member of the San Diego County Bar Association; Association of Southern California Defense Counsel; San Diego Defense Lawyers Association; the United States Supreme Court Bar Association and the North County Bar Association. He has been practicing law for 27 years.
- AV Preeminent Peer Rating by Martindale-Hubbell in California
- Member, North County Bar Association
- Member, United States Supreme Court Bar Association
- Member, San Diego Defense Lawyers Association
- Member, Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Western State University, J.D., 1981
- University of Manitoba, 1978
- United States Supreme Court